The theater armando manzanero

Originally built to function as a cinema, the  Teatro Armando Manzanero  it was first known as the Mérida cinema.


It was designed by the architect   Gaetano Maglione   and inaugurated in 1949, presented the best cinematographic tapes until 1992 when it closed its doors.

It was until 1997 when the government of the state of Yucatan acquired the building, and with the support of the National Council of Culture, set about remodeling it and so in 2000 it reopened its doors now under the name of   Teatro Mérida .

It has a main room with capacity for up to one thousand two hundred attendees, likewise has the Cineteca Manuel Barbachano Ponce with capacity for 227 people; And the art room Manuel Cirero with space for 101 people. The latter two can offer simultaneous functions without harming one another because they have also been placed a high quality acoustic coating.

A few years passed before the   Teatro Mérida   will change its name and be called   Armando Manzanero Theater , in honor of the Yucatecan singer-songwriter of the same name who has known how to bring   Yucatan   and his hand music around the world.

 

This theater is located on 62nd Street in the Historic Center of the City of Merida.  a  walking distance from Casa Italia Yucatan - Boutique Hotel, ideal place to spend a relaxing and comfortable stay and be able to reach comfortably walking to this jewel , A must see.